Posted by MJ on 8:20 PM

Day 1 of Biggest Loser 30- Day Jump Start

This is the beginning program I am using -- of course adapting it as I go. They have instructions for some exercises.
My goal is to walk "as fast as possible" for 30 minutes then doing the exercises that they recommend. When I get to the days that are just "weight training" I will be doing both cardio and weights. My intent is that by the end of the 30 days I can maintain at least a slow jog for the whole 30 minutes. I'm keeping track of how far I go in each 30 minutes so that I can see that I'm going faster .. building into a run.
Each night I plan to blog about the "topic" of the day and how I will adapt it.

Make Up Your Mind Now
I've decided that I'm starting for the last time. I have a different view of things this time. I'm not in a hurry. I have set a goal for NEXT MAY. A whole 52 weeks away and I'm going to set reasonable weekly goals - 1.375lbs - so I will not get frustrated. I'm going to tackle things ONE day, ONE week at a time. I will succeed. I have complete and total confidence that I will be successful and quitting is not an option. I have races to look forward to, new outfits to buy, more confidence to show, and bright future ahead.
Weight loss is only part of this process to become the ME I WANT TO BE. I want to make friends, I want to go out and have fun, I want to be the best Aunt (to my best friend's kids) I can be, I want to re-learn the piano, I want to become a great photographer, I want to become an awesome golfer, I want to compete in a 5k, ....

Exercise Day 1

Today I went walking down in the park. My goal was to walk as fast as I could for the entire 30 minutes. My legs were achy and my feet were bothering me. I didn't seem to have as much energy as I had hoped I would have. But I did it. I ended up going 2.90 km. I guess that's a good place to start... it can only get better from here.

0 comments:

Labels

Search