Posted by MJ on 11:50 PM

Day 19 - Biggest Loser 30 Day Jumpstart

This is a lesson I learned before -- but can always use a reminder. They refer to confidence building and I think that's how I use it- but I think about it differently. For me I have to "act as if" I'm already skinny. I have to act like a skinny person. Do the things that I would do if I were skinny. I soon realize that it is easier to do things, working out everyday seems easier- the right thing to do. If I were to think like a "fat" person, what motivation would I have to go exercise. Fat people don't exercise, or mountain climb, or hike, or rollerblade, etc.

One tough food lesson. Yesterday Dad and I went to "brunch" at Bob Evans. I had my typical breakfast (2 scrambled eggs, homefries, 2 pieces of wheat toast with grape jelly -no butter). This has 635 calories. That's acceptable for a meal that holds me over. The problem came in my beverage. I knew that hot chocolate was not GOOD for me. I usually drink Swiss Miss that is about 60 calories per cup. I figured restaurant quality hot chocolate would be more calories but... WOW. My 2 cups of hot chocolate was over 500 calories!!! Recap- Meal: 605 Drink: 500 !! So no more hot chocolate at Bob Evans for me.

Although I know Dad loves Bob Evans, I'm thinking of convincing him to go to Eat-n-Park instead. That's where we went for dinner. I had a grilled BBQ chicken breast, side salad (with croutons and balsamic vin. dressing), 1/2 of my applesauce, a roll, and some diet pepsi. They had items marked on the menu as being "smart eats" and even had some of the nutrition information on their menu (very helpful). When I got home I explored their website and was able to "re-create" my meal to find the calories, etc. It even let me take the cucumbers off my salad! The only thing is it different separate saturated fat, it was all listed as total fat. My meal (as described above) was 625 calories! When they brought my chicken I immediately thought "wow that's small" but then I realized it was a proper portion size! Yummy. I'd be happy eating that everyday (or more often than Bob Evans). [p.s. Smiley Cookie: 250 cal, 9 g fat]

Exercise Day 19-
Well. I did my 4 Burpees.(at 11:00 at night) I can feel my stomach muscles being pushed. And I've noticed my triceps getting "tighter" (a lot less flab in that area).
I was planning on going for a walk/run after my Dinner meeting, but we didn't get home until 10.

Burpees Day 4
**Did my 4 Burpees!**
My Stomach muscles are SORE. I kinda like it, it tells me I'm using new muscles and pushing myself.

0 comments:

Labels

Search