Posted by MJ on 11:17 AM

So I spent all of last evening preparing for my trip to Syracuse, while preparing a presentation on a man who was from Syracuse. Of course they are two COMPLETELY different Syracuses. The former is in NY, the latter is in the Mediterranean!

So yesterday's workout.
Warm-up was actually kinda fun -- balance work and agility. I do like the ladder.

The WOD.
Medicine Ball Cleans and Slams (10lb)

I had to do 15..14..13..12....1 Slams while my partner did 1..2..3...4...15. Cleans. THEN
I had to do 1..2..3..4...15 Cleans, while my partner did 15..14..13...12...1 Slams
So, if you pair it up properly you see we had very little break when we were in the BIG numbers.
It was hard.
I liked the slams, they were actually kinda fun as I got into them.
It was a LOT of squats.
The last 3 sets of cleans took everything I had. My muscles were screaming at me.
We finished with 25:10
I'm sore.

I was smart though, since I got to the Barn early I got 30 of my burpees done BEFORE the workout and I did the last 8 after, so I didn't have to worry about doing them when I got home.

Food Triumph Tuesday -- My teacher brought cupcakes and they sat next to me for TWO hours and they smelled absolutely delicious. Notice I said SMELLED.. because I didn't even TOUCH them. But do you know how hard it is to avoid sweets when they are within reach and smell sooo good?

Food Failure Wednesday -- Ok, I woke up extremely tired, I needed caffeine, I was almost to class and thought I was going to fall asleep. So I went to Dunkin Donuts. A creamstick and an iced mocha thing. =(

Next week (when I return from Syracuse) I'm going to be looking at my food decisions harder and finding a better plan.

Do you think I'm crazy for doing all this CrossFit stuff? Are you afraid I'll end up like a female Arnold? Have no fear and read this article: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/strength-training-women/

I think that's all I have for now.

Oh yeah... signs of addiction --
I'm putting off leaving to see my best friend and her family in Syracuse by an hour or so SO I CAN GO WORKOUT!!!

0 comments:

Labels

Search