Posted by MJ on 11:52 AM
Labels: , ,

The waiting game that is.

If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.
I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Maybe this was just a glimpse of what COULD be after my 52 weeks are done. After all, the plan was not to do anything drastic until NEXT year.

Maybe I have more work to do at Mespo. Maybe it's not time for me to move on yet.

I guess now I get back to my regularly scheduled life. Finding a home for all the stuff in the garage, setting up the lab in it's entirety, finding a way to pay for college and wonder if I can handle it this fall, start going back to CrossFit...

Thank you everyone! for your support, prayers, crossed fingers, and well wishes. It is because of all your love and support that I believe I must have more to do at Mespo, that it is truly not yet the time to move on.

(and I assure you I have ideas. I just got done reading both of Rafe Esquith's books - "There are no Shortcuts" and "Teach Like Your Hair's on Fire". They are both great books that have spectacular ideas, leave me a little frustrated (that whole idea that you have to be in a tough inner city school to be considered a GREAT teacher) but overall inspired me to want to be a better teacher. To put aside the politics and red-tape, to handle administration and their demands but to find a way to accomplish what we are all there for - the kids. And not just teaching them about science or math, but teaching them how to be people. Responsible, caring people. ) -- if any Mespo folks want to borrow them, let me know! (aparently he also has a website for the Hobart Shakespeareans - his students) There is also a DVD documentary that was made, I just ordered it from Netflix!)

After reading these I guess I'm kinda glad I'm not going to the middle-class elementary school with 8 SmartBoards.. right? I have another year to make a tremendous difference to kids who maybe don't have it all.

**side note of good news... I don't have to blow my savings on a security deposit, and I think I can still save enough money to go to Hawaii!**

0 comments:

Labels

Search